While we gave you a lot of great recipes in our 12Tomatoes Thanksgiving post, there are so many other wonderful recipes from around the web that we thought were worth sharing as well. It’s not too late to make a last minute change to your menu! We’re suckers for just about anything coconut, and we trust Mark Bittman to come up with something delicious, so this recipe/video for Coconut-Sweet Potato Pie caught our eye. It looks surprisingly light!
- Chipotle Cranberry Sauce. You know we’re a fan of offbeat flavor combinations.
- Just call her the piecrust whisperer. Melissa Clark comes to the rescue with some tips and tricks.
- Roasted fingerling potatoes with dried figs and garlic. The figs add an unexpected complement to this dish.
- Ina Garten’s Perfect Roast Turkey. We trust the Barefoot Contessa’s no fuss method for a perfectly cooked turkey.
- Shortbread and Eggnog Pudding Trifle. A lovely presentation when served in a glass jar.
- Two cookbooks that might make you a better person.
- Why I don’t cook for my parents, a story from NPR writer Monica Bhide
Fatty Cue, a famous Brooklyn restaurant serving up Southeast Asian comfort food is hardly the place you’d expect to be serving up brussel sprouts. But they just so happen to make a delicious rendition of them for which the New York Times has kindly shared a recipe. Guaranteed to convert even the staunchest brussel sprout skeptic.
Things we love
Without our KitchenAid Immersion Blender we’d probably never make soups, gravies or dips. It’s so easy to use, and the best part is the easy clean up. No food processor or blender to wash; just stick it right in the pan or bowl of whatever you’re making.