Looking for a great way to start off a meal? Here's a delicious salad recipe that really has a fantastic flavor to it. It's an amazing mix of sweet with salty and sour that really makes this salad soar.
- 8 ounces lettuce, torn
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries plus 1/2 cups strawberries halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
First, let's go ahead and prepare the dressing. Place the olive oil, the 1/2 cup halved strawberries, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and pepper into a blender. Blend until it's nice and smooth then transfer into your serving container.
Next, in a large bowl toss the lettuce, add the 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries, feta cheese and toasted almonds. Make sure to mix well.