Chicken wings are a staple year-round, usually accompanied by a variety of cheese dips: either to cool down your mouth or turn up the heat. This recipe is a Thai-inspired dipping sauce that takes a 180º from the norm and brings in different flavors to complement your wings!
Thai Buffalo Chicken Dip
(Makes 2-3 cups)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- 1-2 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- In a medium-sized bowl, start by mixing the soy sauce and peanut butter together. You want to get a nice, creamy texture.
- Add in the coconut cream and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Continue by adding the scallions, crushed garlic, lime juice, pepper flakes and rice wine vinegar.
- If mixture is too thick, add water. If not, enjoy!
Recipe adapted from All Recipes